Tomorrow Chris and I leave for a trip we do not want to take, but we have to take.

We are participating in the International March of the Living. We will tour Poland and see concentration camps, the Warsaw ghetto, and many other sites now famous and infamous from the Holocaust. This is the 30th anniv. of the March of the Living, we join over 13,000 students and adults from around the world who will march to say we remember, we will never forget. From our local community we are joined by 20 people. Opportunities like this make me thankful to work for Jewish Federation and live in this amazing community who trusts me to coordinate this experience.

After the week in Poland, Chris and I will take a day away from the group and visit Breslau, where my father was born, now called Wroclaw and in Poland. The emotions are overwhelming. Thanks to my sister who visited Wroclaw we know where to go and will visit the grave of my great grandfather, and tour the synagogue where my grandfather was a cantor.

But this trip will also celebrate Jewish renewal in Poland, then a weekend in Berlin, and we end with a quick tour of Prague.
These will be ten days I will never forget. But I will blog so I can remember the emotions, the experience, and the people for the rest of my life.
Feel free to follow us or virtually "join us" on this journey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Auschwitz - Day 3

March of the Living - Day 4